The objects of the university shall be:
1. to advance learning and knowledge by teaching and research and by the example and influence of its corporate life;
2. to provide instruction and courses of study for those seeking to qualify for degrees and other awards of the university, or of other institutions, and for other people;
3. to promote and make provision for research and for the advancement, dissemination, preservation and application of knowledge by such methods as the university may determine;
4. to develop the potential of the students of the university and prepare them for employment;
5. to give special attention, itself or jointly with others, to the educational needs of wales, having regard to the welsh language and the culture, economic development and social traditions of wales.