1. to preserve and protect the physical and mental health of tamils, mainly but not exclusively, with the object of improving their conditions of life.
2. to advance the education and training of tamils, but not exclusively, so as to advance them in life and assist them to adapt within a new community
3. the provision of facilities for recreation and leisure time occupation with the object of improving the conditions of life, of tamils, but not exclusively, who have need of such facilities by reason of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, financial hardship or social and economic circumstances.
4. to develop the capacity and skills of the socially and economically disadvantaged members of the tamil community mainly, but not exclusively, in such a way that they are better able to identify, help meet their needs and to participate more fully in society.
5. to advance the christian faith for the benefit of the tamil community in accordance with the catholic doctrines.