The charity’s objects (“objects”) are specifically restricted to the following:
the objects of protection approaches are to promote and defend the human rights of peoples around the world (as set out in the universal declaration of human rights and subsequent united nations conventions and declarations) who are violently targeted because of their identity by all or any of the following means:
• monitoring abuses of human rights;
• research into human rights issues;
• educating the public about human rights
• providing technical advice to government and others on human rights matters;
• contributing to the sound administration of human rights law;
• commenting on proposed human rights legislation;
• raising awareness of human rights issues;
• promoting public support for human rights;
• promoting respect for human rights among individuals and corporations;
• international advocacy of human rights; and
• eliminating infringements of human rights.
in furtherance of that object but not otherwise, the directors shall have power to engage in political activity provided that the directors are satisfied that the proposed activities will further the objects of the company to an extent justified by the resources committed and the activity is not the dominant means by which the company carries out its objects.